Statistical Business Register hold all legal unit, all enterprises carrying on economic activities contributing to the gross domestic product (GDP), and their local unit.
- Albanian Law No 9180 date 05.02.2004 “For official statistics”, amended;
- Council Regulation (EEC) No 177/2008 of 20 February 2008 on Community coordination in drawing up business registers for statistical purposes;
- Decision of Albanian Parliament 3/2013 date 14/02/2013 “On Official Statistics Program 2012-2016”;
- Decision of Albanian Government “On nomenclature of economic activities, NACE Rev.2”, 320 date 28.05.2014;
- Memorandum of Understanding between General Directory of Taxation and Institute of Statistics; , date 11.03.2015;
- Law no. 9920 dated 19.5.2008 "On Tax Procedures in the Republic of Albania";
- Albanian Law No 8957 date 17.10.2002 “For small and medium enterprises, SME”, amended by the Law No. 10042 date 22.12.2008;
- Decision of Albanian Government “ On implementation of territorial nomenclature “Albania in three regions, NUTS II” based on European Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics;
- Directive of the Minister of Finance No. 19 dated 11.03.2014 "On Enforcement Regime Scheme specific compensation for purposes of agricultural producers of Value Added Tax"
The variables of Business Register
- Identification variables ID number (NIPT), Legal form, Ownership, Name, Address, Communication (Tel, Mobile, Email, Web etc.)
- Stratification variables (Main economic activity, Size by employed, Geographical location, Institutional sector).
- Demographic variables (Date of creation, Date of cessation).
Sources for updating
- Information from National Registration of Business (NRB);
- Information from General Directory of Taxation(GDT);
- VAT file
- Annual account of enterprises.
- Business Register Survey;
- Annual Structure Survey, SBS;
- Quarterly survey, STS;
- Production Price survey, PPI;
- Other surveys.
- Activity status (active or inactive);
- Main economic activity;
- Size by employed;
- Communication variables (telephone, mobile phone, e-mail, etc...).
Legal unit is not direct statistical unit. Legal unit can be:
- Legal person, whose existence is recognized by law independently of the individuals or institutions which may own or are members of him;
- Physical person, who is engaged in an economic activity in its own right.
An enterprise is: "the smallest combination of legal units that is an organisational unit producing goods or services which benefits from a certain degree of autonomy in decision-making, especially for the allocation of its current resources. An enterprise carries out one or more activities at one or more locations (local unit)".
The relationship between an enterprise and a legal unit is therefore defined as: “the enterprise corresponds either to a legal unit or to a combination of legal units”.
The local unit is an enterprise or part thereof (e.g. a workshop, factory, warehouse, office, mine or depot) situated in a geographically identified place. At or from this place economic activity is carried out for which - save for certain exceptions - one or more persons work (even if only part-time) for one and the same enterprise.
Enterprises economic activity is based on Nomenclatures for Economic Activities, NACE Rev.2.
The classification of Economic Activities (NACE) is a four-digit classification performed by different subjects. The classification in Albania is adopted by Government Decision No. 320, date 28.05.2014 and is the translation and adoption of Classification of Economic Activities of European Union, NACE Rev.2.
Size of enterprises
Size of enterprises is determined by number of employed:
- Enterprise with 1 to 4 employed classified as micro-enterprises;
- Enterprise with 5 to 9 employed classified as small enterprises;
- Enterprise with 10 to 49 employed classified as medium enterprises;
- Enterprise with 50 and more employed classified as big enterprises;
Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics, NUTS II
Albania territory is dividing in three regions based on prefectures:
Region I: Dibër, Durrës, Kukës, Lezhë, Shkodër;
Region II: Elbasan, Tiranë;
Region III: Berat, Fier, Gjirokastër, Korçë, Vlorë.
Farmers registered since 2014 are identified by unique code (NIPT) and Enforcement the specific scheme compensation for purposes of agricultural producers of Value Added Tax.
Based on Census 2011 data average size of the household declined is 3.9 members. Considering that the farmers work mainly as family business is evaluated and reported to include in size 1-4 employed.