Administrative data on Social Protection contain data on social assistance, unemployment benefit and urban and rural pensions.
The main variables of administrative data on Social Protection are grouped into the following categories:
• Unemployment benefit
• Social assistance
• Urban and rural pensions in the social insurance scheme.
Sources for updating variables
• Social Security Institute
• National Employment Service
• State Social Service
Updated variables are:
• Data on the amount of unemployment benefit
• Data on the amount of social assistance and the number of households who benefit from it.
• Data on the amount of urban and rural pension and the number of persons who benefit from it.
The average number of contributors represents the persons that have deposited the contribution of social insurance during the reference period. The state pays contribution for soldiers, unemployed receiving unemployment benefit, persons in transition payment from the supplementary state insurance and military officers in reform that take the supplementary insurance for military officers.
Pensions are defined according to the Law no. 8932, date 02.09.1998 "For a change in the Law for Social Insurance" and differ by urban and rural area of residence.
Urban pensions include:
- pensions of all categories, according to Law no. 4171, of date 13.09.1996 "For State Social Insurance in the Republic of Albania", for persons that have been in working relations with the state. - pensions of all categories, according to the Law no. 7703, of date 11.05.1993 "On Social Insurance in the Republic of Albania".
Rural pensions include:
- pensions of all categories, according to the Law no. 4976, of date 29.06.1972 "For Pensions of Agriculture Cooperatives Members";
- pensions that meet the requirements of article 96 of the Law no. 7703, of date 11.05.1993 "For Social Insurance in the Republic of Albania".
Social Assistance - is a cash benefit for poor families and is distributed every month. It may be partial or full, according to the family incomes. The amount of partial assistance is calculated as a difference between the full amount of social assistance and the real family incomes.